4. Building Communities – Alphabet Books
See the Expamples of Books Index >
- To identify, read, and discuss books that use the alphabet or a counting structure to present their content.
- To continue the process of self-discovery, exploring one’s physical and social surroundings.
- To develop an extended classroom community that encourages respect, understanding, and appreciation for uniqueness, as well as sense of solidarity in the common human adventure.
- To foster community building among students’ families by providing opportunities for them to learn about the other.
- To explore the idea of community using the alphabet or counting book format as a tool for creating and structuring a book.
- Some books about building communities, sometimes do not necessarily take the form of an Alphabet book.