3. Strenghtening Self-Identity – My Name Books
- To read and analyze books that present the topic of names and engage in dialogue about their massage.
- To continue the process of discovering self and others by learning and sharing the stories of our names.
- To affirm that we all have valuable stories to tell, and that exploring our own family story will produce valuable information.
- To invite teachers, students , and parents to experience the power of authorship through writing the story of their names.
- To support collaborative relationships between teachers and parents or caretakers through the sharing of the teacher’s own Story of My Name book.
- To strengthen home relationships by encouraging parents to share family stories about the names of various family members.
- To help build supportive community among parents by providing opportunities to learn more about the various families in the community.