6. Understanding The Past, Creating The Future
- To promote a better understanding of self by learning about the efforts of those who came before us and the family and community history we have inherited.
- To study the past in order to learn from its mistakes and build on its positive contributions.
- To strengthen the bond between children and their parents or caretakers by sharing family histories and nurturing a sense of continuity.
- To continue exploring the process of book authorship and the power of the written word.